10 tips to help boost your immune system and fight off the flu virus this season
1. Take Vitamin D: A study published in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition found that a Vitamin D supplement was actually 800% more effective at reducing the risk of flu infection than vaccines! Researchers have found that 2,000 IU of vitamin D per day helps prevent the seasonal flu.
2. Take Probiotics: Probiotics are live microorganisms that are similar to beneficial microorganisms found in the human gut. 80 percent of your immune system is located in your digestive system, making a healthy gut a major focal point if you want to maintain optimal health.
3. Get Adjusted: Since the nervous system controls all functions of the body, including the immune system, chiropractic care can have a positive effect on immune function.
4. Take Omega 3 Fatty Acids: Omega 3 fatty acids help decrease inflammation in the body and boosts cell defenses.
5. Load up on the fruits and veggies: Make sure that your diet consists of a rainbow of fruits and vegetables to ensure that you are getting all of the necessary nutrients. Taking a quality multivitamin helps to ensure you get all the essential nutrients your body needs.
6. Drink lots of water: Water helps flush out the toxins in your body. You should be drinking approximately half your body weight in ounces per day.
7. Moderate Exercise: Exercising for 30 to 60 minutes daily can give your immune system the extra kick that it needs to fight off a virus.
9. Skip the sweets: Sugar depresses the immune system and makes your body more susceptible to getting a virus. Eating or drinking 100g of sugar (2 cans of pop) decreases white blood cells (immune cells) by 40%.
10. Avoid the flu shot: According to Dr. J. Anthony Morris, the former Chief Vaccine Control Officer at the FDA, “There is no evidence that any influenza vaccine, thus far developed, is effective in preventing or mitigating any attack of influenza.” When you also consider the toxic mixture of chemicals found in the flu vaccine, the decision becomes a no-brainer. Among the vaccine’s ingredients are such toxins as ethylene glycol (a.k.a. antifreeze), formaldehyde (a known carcinogen), aluminum (linked to Alzheimer’s disease and known to produce cancer in mice) and thimerosol (a form of mercury, the most toxic of all heavy metals). Thimerosol has had so much scrutiny in the past decade that it has been banned in all childhood vaccinations in the United States, yet it still remains in the influenza vaccine today.